Women Leaders in Sport
Sport Australia (previously known as Australian Sports Commission) has opened applications for the 2019 Women Leaders in Sport grants program and Community Infrastructure grants program.
WLIS provides leadership development opportunities for women from:
- sport management in high performance and participation, coaching, officiating, communications/marketing, to elite athletes transitioning out of playing sport to sport administration.
- operational level (e.g., office administrator) to decision making level (e.g., General Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Board Director); and
- national sporting organisations (NSO), state sporting organisation (SSO) to local or regional clubs.
Sport Australia encourages applications. Individual women can apply for:
- Attendance at a WLIS Leadership Workshop, or
- A grant (up to $3,000) for learning and development, which includes attendance at a WLIS Leadership Workshop.
To apply, or for more information, please visit the WLIS website at www.sportaus.gov.au/wlis
The applications closing date is 5pm (AEST) Wednesday 5 September 2018.
Chief Executive Officer