Dear WDSF National Member Bodies,
Please be so kind and find enclosed the messages sent by Mr. John Caprez, our WDSF RLS Administrator, to all our National Administrators regarding the renewal of the ID Cards.
Thank you very much and best regards,
Mrs. Txus Pedrazo
Recently we have had many inquiries regarding the renovation of the WDSF ID-Cards. Please be informed that: -
The first WDSF ID-Card was issued on June 20th 2012 - The initial WDSF ID-Cards have a validity of 5 years meaning that the first WDSF ID-Card to expire will do so on June 20th 2017.
How will the WDSF ID-Cards be renewed? To renew a WDSF ID-Card we will proceed as following:
1. Five month before the WDSF ID-Card of an active athlete expires we will send an email to the athlete informing that the WDSF ID-Card will expire.
2. This email will contain a link to the WDSF website where they will find a pre-filled form with the information they provided with the first WDSF ID-Card application.
3. The athlete is asked to review the information and if necessary apply any update.
4. The athlete is also asked to upload a new picture of themselves for the WDSF ID-Card.
5. Once the application is submitted the WDSF will produce, ship and invoice the new WDSF ID-Card without any additional work required by you.
The price for a WDSF ID-Card is the same as a new WDSF ID-Card. Should the athlete not have submitted the renewal application one month after we have sent the first email we will re-send the email with you in copy indicating that by not renewing the ID-Card the WDSF athlete license will automatically be set to "Retired" once the WDSF ID-Card expires. A new WDSF ID-Card will have to be applied for should the athlete want to return to an active state. You then have the opportunity to take any steps necessary, such as contact the athlete by other means so they can renew their WDSF ID-Card or ignore the email and mark the athlete as retired. Please forward this information to any person involved with the WDSF ID-Cards in your federation. For any additional questions feel free to contact us.
Kind regards John Caprez WDSF RLS Administrator